Sat, 30 Apr|
Milton Keynes EC
MILTON KEYNES CAMP
We are delighted to announce we will be back at MKEC for Camp 2022. Saturday 30 April - Monday 2 May
Time & Location
30 Apr 2022, 14:00 – 02 May 2022, 16:00
Milton Keynes EC, Castlethorpe Rd, Hanslope, Milton Keynes MK19 7HQ, UK
About the Event
About the camp
Dates: Saturday 30 April – Monday 2 May
· Arrive on Saturday midday/early afternoon to settle in and enjoy your first ridden session
· On Sunday, you’ll enjoy a morning and afternoon ridden session
· Depart at lunchtime on Monday, following your final morning ridden session
Venue: Milton Keynes Equestrian Centre, Hanslope, MK19 7HQ
· Facilities include:
o A new 60x30m arena
o A grass show jumping arena
o A fabulous BE cross country course
o Smart temporary stabling with the first bale of shavings included. You can buy extra at £9 each.
o Showers and toilets on site
o Fully catered – Caterers come highly recommended by MKEC. Ingredients locally sourced where possible. Happy to accommodate dietary requirements - just let us know when you book.
o We’ll either have clubhouse access or a top-quality marquee to enjoy social time together
o Camp on site or book a comfy B&B separately Hook up is £30 per lorry for the duration of camp.
· We have costed the camp at £295 per rider (this doesn’t include your accommodation if you’re choosing the luxury of a B&B or hook up)
· Any profit will be reimbursed to members after the final costings are complete
· We ask for a £50 deposit to secure your place at camp
Number of attendees
· Please note, we’re capping the number of riders to 16
· This will ensure quality sessions with groups of 4 riders max.
· We can offer the following sessions and ask you to complete your preferences when you register for camp. This way we can be more cost efficient.
o Circuit training (optional small jumps)
o Show jumping (on grass)
o Cross Country Schooling – including a mini XC course
· Depending on your preferences, instructors may change. All our instructors are firm club favourites!
o Amy Kearney
Amy is an experienced eventer and producer of young horses. Her positive and encouraging approach will help you connect with your horse and build confidence together. She provides excellent sessions on the flat, show jumping and cross country.
o Ellie Balian
Ellie specialises in show jumping and excels engaging your horse both mentally and physically, building gymnastic ability through flatwork, polework and (of course) jumping! She creates engaging group sessions and is also a qualified course builder.
o Hayley Godwin
Hayley is a kind and supportive instructor who has her BHS UKCC Level 3, is a BD listed judge and competed at Medium. Dressage is her passion, having represented GB as a Junior Rider and worked for renowned International rider and judge, Mary Robins. Hayley was also Chief Instructor for The Vale of Aylesbury Pony Club and has many years experience coaching for PC and Riding Clubs.
Social and down time
· Milton Keynes Equestrian Centre should have their lovely new clubhouse complete in time for our camp for us to use and relax in
· If for any reason building works are delayed, we will have a high-quality marquee.
· There will be plenty of time to watch other ridden sessions, enjoy tea, coffee cake etc. together
· Catering will be on site for the duration of camp
· We will host some fun activities on the Saturday and Sunday evenings
Full ticket minus deposit£245.00
Sunday Day Tripper
A morning jumping session and afternoon cross country session plus refreshments and lunch!£75.00